How To Change Twitter Handle
With Keeping Your Following Intact
Importance of twitter
If you’re someone wondering how to change Twitter handle to a more sophisticated one then you’re reading the right blog. This informative guide will give you all the one on one steps and will turn this hassle into a piece of cake.
So keep on reading for all the good stuff!
Twitter handle is the name that gets mentioned in all the posts when someone tags you or when you post something on your profile. It starts with a “@”. This is also name as twitter user name.
So for most of us, changing this handle is necessary as it’s embarrassing for us as our accounts are privately made from a different time of a different year. And now we are hired by a reputable company that requires a mature Twitter handle rather than @princessFiona.
So the big question arises that can you change your Twitter handle? The answer is Yes. You can follow below steps to change your twitter @.
how to change twitter handle – step by step guide
For most of you, it is a piece of cake, but for people like me who need their old posts not to be seen by their peers, this is utterly important to do it properly. So just follow the detailed and simple steps below for desktops, smartphones, and iPhone, separately:
How to Change twitter @ on desktop
- Log on to Twitter.
- Tap on “more” from the options provided on the left side of the screen.
- Tap Settings and privacy.
In the second column, click on “username” to change your username.
- Make a username for Twitter which has not been used before.
- Then simply save the changes made.
change twitter handle on smartphone
- Click on the application to access Twitter
- If you are not already logged in, enter the existing username and password.
- Tap the bar icon at the top left corner to display more options. Browse to ‘Settings and privacy.
Tap on the “Account” option.
Then tap on “Username” option.
Then change your current username. And Wait for the green checkmark after writing a new username.
Tap on ‘Done’ to finish the whole process.
How to Change your twitter handle on iPhone
- Open the Twitter app firstly.
- When you log in, the homepage will load automatically.Otherwise, enter your login details and tap on “Log In”.
- Then tap the ‘Me’ menu which has a person-shaped logo on the upper right.
Tap the settings icon next to your profile picture
Explore the Settings and Privacy option and tap the Account button.
Modify your Twitter handle from Username that is the first option on the site.
Click New Field to enter your new username.
Then simply save the changes made by tapping on ‘Done’.
Those were all the necessary steps needed to make your new Twitter handle now let’s check out some things to avoid while making your new Twitter handle below:
Things To Consider While Changing Your Handle
Your major question might be how to change Twitter handle but another question is that what are the restrictions when you finally come to its alteration? Worry not as all of the restrictions are mentioned below for your utmost convenience and ease of mind:
1) Having fifteen characters in your Twitter handle is the limit set by Twitter.
2) Underscores (_) are the only symbols you can use in place for special characters when making your handle.
3) If the username that you created matches any other deactivated or suspended account already existing then you’ll have to recreate your handle.
4) Only authorized and official Twitter accounts can contain the words “Twitter” and “Admin” in their Twitter handles.
Yes, those were all the restrictions that you need to follow every time you consider changing your handle.
What To Expect After Renaming Your Twitter Handle?
Certain changes will occur right after you change your Twitter handle that includes loss of interaction by your followers. This means that your followers will be unable to find you or mention you with the old handle because your previous Twitter handle is no longer associated with your account. Also,some people can look you up by searching your account’s URL that they have memorized, so you’ll lose some people like that too.
How Not Lose Any Followers From Your Old Twitter Handle?
Now, how to change Twitter handle in a way that you do not lose any followers? This is a tricky question that has an easy answer to it. Keep reading to learn how to do it:
1) You will need to make another Twitter account with the same old Twitter handle. Make sure you use an unofficial email address and mobile number for it. And by doing this you will redirect all the people who search your old handle to this new account that you created.
2) Then you’ll need to put a note there saying something like” hey there! You’ve reached an old account of mine, my active account is @abcdefg. Make sure to follow me there.” This will divert all the old followers or people who know you, to your new account made.
And that’s how you can keep your old following intact.
Hoping I have answered your burning question in detail that how to change my Twitter handle? Looking forward to your positive feedback on this article. Uncover many more exciting articles like this by staying in touch!